I chose this particular title because at this very moment that is how I feel. Surely there has to be so much more to life.
I look back at my younger self and what she wanted. It definitely wasn’t what I am now. Lord, you know. Devil, you don’t. Lord, it is time for us to rise! Let us show the world who YOU are. Use me father, please use me. I want to show the world your miracles. I want to show the world your works through me. Make me a reflection of you Father! I am yours and only yours!! I am desperate for change, I am desperate for miracles and to live my dreams. Lord please please make it happen. Show yourself Father. I need you. Touch me now please my savior.
I am ready.
For the past couple of weeks I have been in a state of the unknown. A state whereby I’m constantly trying to better myself yet I find myself stuck. And I sit here asking myself why or what am I doing wrong. I’ve consulted and seeked for advice but the truth is there is no better advice than my own, for the only person who knows my true dreams and goals is myself.
In trying to figure out what the key to unlocking my trapped situation – I have asked numerous times “Lord what is my purpose”.What is it that you have planned for my life and what direction am I to take? Am I on track? Should I change my route? Its is never an easy conversation to dive into and the challenging questions fight with your comfort zone They bring you to a realization that there actually is so much more out there and all I am having of it is one third of the quarter.
Stop it. Snap out of it. Remember way back when you were a kid. Remember those dreams you had to be the best and the realist. Remember how you wanted to stand out, inspire and motivate? Where is that girl? What happened to that mind? Let’s please bring her back.
You are it! You are amazing! You are fruitful! Your success is in your hands! Make it happen! Your parents didn’t bring you this far to be mediocre. Now cummon, fix that crown and get back on the ramp.
so today is my last day of 25. phew it feels… I’m actually not entirely sure how it feels. I’m at a point where I feel like I want to stay 25. “Please God don’t make me grow older.” Once you tip the 25 mark I think it starts to kind of sink in.. Yes? No… Ok maybe I’m being a tad bit too hard on myself but you get what I mean. Here are some valuable lessons that I have learnt since I’ve been able to kind of try and understand this whole life thing…Not entirely there yet but hey look its something…
Lessons of 25.
- Respect God
- Respect life
- Don’t set high expectations for other people on your life
- Your parents are right 99% of the time. You’ll only understand later in life, not now
- Value family
- Treasure strong and real friendships
- Let go
- God will never forsake you
- If its not meant to be it won’t be.
- Don’t force matters
- When planning your life, consult with God first or else you’re up for major disappointment
- God. First and last. In EVERYTHING
- If you’re wrong, apologize
- Believe in yourself
- Be brave
- Be confident
- Stand up for yourself
- Be true to yourself
- Put on your dancing shoes and show up to the party. You’ll thank yourself later
- Maintain an attitude of gratitude
- Falling is not failing. Dust yourself off, get back up and try again
- Connect and talk to God ALL the time. There is never a right time. every second he is ready to listen and answer
- spend time with those who deserve and appreciate your time
- Love yourself
Til I turn 26…